Expressions of Interest from qualified independent evaluators, teams or consulting firms to conduct an independent evaluation
Call for Expressions of Interest
The ILO Evaluation Office seeks Expressions of Interest (EoI) from qualified independent evaluators, teams or consulting firms to conduct an independent evaluation of the ILO’s technical cooperation project – ‘Improving the garment sector in Lao People’s Democratic Republic: Compliance through inspection and dialogue’.
Purpose: The present evaluation has a dual-purpose: achievement of programme outcomes and organizational learning. The evaluation will also attempt to contribute to organizational learning by identifying lessons that have been learned and emerging good practices. This information will inform future ILO strategies and the design of similar projects/programmes in future. The number of work days needed for the completion of the work is estimated to be 19 days input of expert level effort.
Qualifications of the Evaluators
- Adequate Contextual Knowledge of the UN, the ILO and the Mekong sub region;
- Adequate Technical Specialization: Demonstrated knowledge and expertise of labour and industrial relations topics;
- At least 10 years’ experience in evaluation policies, strategies, country programmes and organizational effectiveness;
- Experience conducting country programme evaluations for UN organizations
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative evaluation methods and an understanding of issues related to validity and reliability;
- Fluency in spoken and written English and an understanding of ILO cross-cutting issues.