Are looking for a Research Assistant or Junior Consultant with an interest and/or experience in public policy research and analysis
Research Assistant or Junior Consultant – UK Education, Skills, Employment or Health Policy
London, Birmingham or Plymouth
Who we are:
ICF (www.icf.com) is a public policy consultancy firm with offices in the UK, Belgium, US and worldwide. At ICF, we help governments, public agencies and international institutions solve complex problems and improve the quality of life of people around the world. We offer critical insight and rigorous analytical techniques to deliver innovative solutions and thought-provoking analyses for our clients.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigour to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to assist our clients and benefit their constituencies. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Research Assistant or Junior Consultant with an interest and/or experience in public policy research and analysis to join our team focused on education, employment, skills, health and social inclusion policies in the UK.
What you’ll get to do:
From day one, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a diverse range of projects for the UK Government, public agencies and major charities. You will contribute to qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
You will be a core part of our team of social scientists, policy analysts and economists who have a passion for applying their skills and knowledge to help solve complex problems for our clients. You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent training and development opportunities.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking policy research and analysis to support a wide range of reports, proposals and other deliverables for a range of UK clients
- Arranging, conducting and facilitating interviews, surveys and focus groups
- Developing, conducting and analysing case studies
- Working closely with other members of project teams and external clients to achieve established goals.
What you'll need to succeed:
The successful candidate will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is passionate about the work they do and has experience in undertaking policy research and analysis. You will be self-motivated, independent and able to manage a varied workload to deadlines without compromising quality.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a social science, economics, public policy or a related discipline
- Exceptional research and writing skills, including editing and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of and demonstrable interest in education, skills, labour market, health or social inclusion policy in the UK
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- Around 1-2 years of relevant professional experience
- Highly developed and interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- Ability to respond effectively to changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to work independently and achieve challenging targets.
When submitting your application for this position, please ensure that you attach an up-to-date CV and covering letter summarising how you meet our requirements and why you are interested in the role.
The closing date for this position is: 24th March 2017
Interviews will be held w/c: 3rd April 2017